HS2 is organising its first annual Health and Safety conference, HS2 Safe at heart: HS2 Together will take place at Millennium Point in Birmingham on the 11th of October 2018.
HS2 is asking their supply chain and industry partners to get involved in five innovation challenges where you can submit ideas on how to help HS2 become the safest ever major UK project:
- Demolition – Reducing risk to health, safety and the environment during the demolition works on HS2
- Plant – How can we protect the workforce and public from plant?
- Design – Innovation for Safer Construction
- Health – Manage out health risks to protect the workforce from developing occupational disease
- General health and safety innovation – Identify any other ideas, beyond industry best practice, that could change health and safety risk, culture and behaviours.
Click on the document on this page for more information about each challenge.
If your innovation is shortlisted as one of the top 20 best ideas, you’ll be invited to showcase it to 350 industry leaders at Safe at heart: HS2 Together. The top five shortlisted submissions will be invited to pitch to a panel of distinguished judges in a Dragons’ Den style format in front of an audience of industry leaders. If your innovation is selected as the winning idea, you’ll benefit from the opportunity for HS2 to support your innovation to the wider market.
We are asking i3P members to highlight anything they have shared on the i3P platform that could be of relevance to the above challenges. You can contact HS2 Innovation Team at email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is Wednesday 29th August.